<$BlogItemControl$>

Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

Hey Internet...

Can anybody tell me how to remove the grey border from around my banner? I've been tinkering with it on and off for months, and haven't figured it out yet.

I'm going to put the CSS data in the post for you to see, but I don't want to clutter up the blog with it, so click on the more button if you can help.

I figured out how to plunk the banner in there, but I didn't change too much from the original template, so I think that's what's making the border. All I have for the actual banner itself is a div tag, the link and the image source. Here's the CSS for the header:

/* Header

---------------------------- */

#header {

width:660px;

margin:0 auto 10px;

border:1px solid #ccc;

}

#blog-title {

margin:5px 5px 0;

padding:20px 20px .25em;

border:1px solid #eee;

border-width:1px 1px 0;

font-size:200%;

line-height:1.2em;

font-weight:normal;

color:#666;

text-transform:uppercase;

letter-spacing:.2em;

}

#blog-title a {

color:#666;

text-decoration:none;

}

#blog-title a:hover {

color:#c60;

}

#description {

margin:0 5px 5px;

padding:0 20px 20px;

border:1px solid #eee;

border-width:0 1px 1px;

max-width:700px;

font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif;

text-transform:uppercase;

letter-spacing:.2em;

color:#999;

}


Any help greatly appreciated!!