Saturday, May 06, 2006


Am I having a seizure or is that burnt popcorn I smell?

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that someone (or say - somebody's husband) burned the holy crap out of a bag of microwave popcorn by accidentally hitting the wrong setting on the microwave. And say said popcorn got so thoroughly crisped that smoke came out the back of the microwave and stained the entire inside of the microwave. And say it was three days later and no matter what you do, you absolutely cannot get the smell of burnt popcorn out of the house.

What would you do?

We've tried airing it out, scrubbing it down, and even boiling a large bowl of water with orange slices in it. We're now down to burning candles around the house to try to kill the smell.

Any ideas?