<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

 

Time travel

I saw this on Ann Douglas' blog (the Mother of All Blogs) and thought it was a nice way to introduce myself.

15 years ago today I would have been:
... in year one of my "practice" marriage
... living with my (now ex) in-laws, looking for an apartment
... just about to start my first job with the government (yikes, just realized that would have made me basically unemployed and homeless!)

10 years ago today I would have been:
... happily single and living in a rented room in a house with two other women
... in year 3 of my 6 year quest to get my degree in Communications by studying part-time
... planning my solo tour of Europe for later that summer
... about one month shy of meeting Beloved for the first time
... working for the government, resolving client enquiries and complaints

5 years ago today I would have been:
... just about to get my referral to the fertility clinic after 10 months of unsucessful TTC
... working in headquarters of the same government department managing a national program
... taking a night course in woodworking at the local college

1 year ago today I would have been:
... mommy to a two year old boy (thanks to IVF) and a one-week old boy (a wonderful surprise)
... a hormonal, sleep-deprived, post-partum disaster
... looking forward to a year of paid 'vacation' - being a mom in Canada rocks!

This year I am:
... blissfully happy mommy to a three year old and a one year old
... a communications advisor for the same department
... a little overwhelmed by being a working mommy

Today I:
... am at work and will get to it shortly
... will have a long evening with the boys as Beloved teaches tonight
... will probably order pizza for dinner

Next year I hope:
... to be a senior communications advisor
... to be registering my eldest for school
... to be thinking about what to do with my little "frosty" (frozen embryo)

In five years I hope:
... to have both boys in school full time
... that maybe there is a little girl in the picture somewhere
... to be independently wealthy -- where is that lottery ticket of mine?

Categories: