<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

National procrastination week

Apparently it's National Procrastination Week. I would have mentioned it earlier, but something kept coming up. Forget Hallmark holidays like Valentine's Day and Secretaries Day, this is an occasion I can celebrate!

I'm not so sure my problem is procrastination so much as I have a to-do list with about 7000 items on it, with 'blog' and 'don't neglect kids' near the top and 'don't forget to get off the bus and go to work' somewhere in the middle of the pack. Somehow, stuff like 'eat healthy' and 'be nice to mother-in-law' never make it past the 5000s.

Do you prioritize your day? When I was home on maternity leave, I used to think of two or three things I had to get accomplished for the day, and that was manageable. Now that I'm back to work, we're back to the chaos theory of home management - if it's not screaming, leaking or clinging to my leg, it can wait. For a while, I even subscribed to the Fly Lady, but sorting through the deluge of e-mail was too much like work, and every time I got near the computer to read her latest missives I'd get sucked in to playing online and blow off any time I had set aside for doing Fly Lady-ish things.

Speaking of procrastinating, I really ought to get on with my day now. Question of the day: what is your favourite guilty indulgence when you are supposed to be doing something else?