<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

Technophobia comes of age

I'm so proud of myself. I'm so hip to yesterday's technology that it's scary.

I didn't tell you, but for Mother's Day, Beloved and the boys got me an MP3 player. I have no idea how to use it. Beloved loaded it up with some songs he had on the computer already, including a little U2, some Billie Holiday, and Kenny Loggin's "Danny's Song", the song that makes me cry every time I hear it. (There's a line that goes, "Pisces Virgo-rising is a very good sign, strong and kind, and the little boy is mine." Tristan is a Pisces. Also strong and kind. Also mine. Sniff.)

Someday, I'll have enough time to find one of those music sites, and figure out how to use it, and actually choose some music. Anybody got any recommendations? Preferably something like MusicFor30somethingsThatDoesn'tSuck-
AndIsRiduculouslyEasyToUse.com?

And now, I'm writing this on my fancy-ass new laptop. I've never had a laptop before. Although it's taken me a bit to get used to manipulating the little mouseless finger-tracing thing-me (don't be threatened by my technological jargon) I can't tell you how wonderful it is to get out of the basement and have a computer I can port around the house. Coincidentally, I noticed today that Ann also has a new laptop. It's a banner day for mobile blogging!

So now I have a blog, a laptop and an MP3 player. The Luddites are going to revoke my membership for sure.