<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Ta da!

So, what do you think? Okay for a first draft? Can you even see the new banner?

After your incredibly sweet comments yesterday, you got me to thinking. Blog is pretty much an accounting of my life in progress, right? Not an after-the-fact memoir, but a live and in real time before your eyes kind of thing. So it seems only fitting that you get to watch the evolution of blog in real time, too.

I’m a little self-conscious. I have visions of you looking at the banner and thinking to yourself, "You worked all day and that’s all you came up with?" Hey, it’s all about learning, right? And did I mention 179 fonts to choose from? Do you realize how long it takes just to look at 179 fonts? A LONG time!

It's not exactly what I had pictured when I started out, but it's not a bad start. I'd like to clean up the ink-spot images, especially the blue one. It got a little distorted when I resized it. And do those footprints look like baby footprints to you? That was the idea, but I'm not sure it worked. I'm going to box in the text, I think, and maybe add another colour - maybe orange or a cranberry red?

I know only 5 to 10 per cent of you who come here comment with any regularity, but I'd love it if you could drop me a note in the comments to tell me whether you can see the new banner or not. You don't have to critique it - I would just like to know whether the majority of people can see it or not, and whether it significantly impedes the loading or viewing of blog. Of course, your comments on the aethestic aspects are more than welcome as well.

I promise we'll return to our regular drivel soon...

Categories: