<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, June 13, 2005

 

WW kiss off

I tried, I really did. I wanted it to work out.

I'm sorry, weight watchers, but it's just not working out between us.

It's not you, it's me. Much as I have suspected all my life, I'm just not a diet kind of girl.

Four weeks into the programme, and I'm still up a pound from my starting weight. Ironically, the only week I totally blew through the point ceiling, my first week, was the week I lost two pounds. Ever since, I've been gaining. Go figure. And that's not even using the extra 5 points a day I am theoretically entitled to as a nursing mother. Nursing only once per day, mind you, but still.

Plus, I've ended up exactly where I never wanted to be - obsessing about food. That's exactly the thing that I most wanted to avoid. When I found myself pouting in the kitchen one evening after dinner, miserable because I wanted to eat two oreos and a glass of milk but berating myself over the points, I knew I was in a place I didn't want to be.

I've decided to see someone else. I've signed up for a gym membership, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. I used to work out all the time before the boys came along. So I looked at my schedule, at my life, and figured if I have room enough to read a 500 page book in seven days, I have 45 minutes two or three times a week to work out.

To all of you who have been so sweet and supportive and encouraging in the past month, thank you! I hope you will stick around and continue to offer cheers and moral support, because I still have 10 or 15 lbs to lose, and I'm still planning on using blog to keep myself accountable. I'm just not going to do it via dieting.

(And since you've been so sweet, here's a little secret: if you send an e-mail to WW online and tell you are a nursing mother and you would like them to please adjust your points because you heard from a friend you are entitled to extra points, they will cancel your membership with a full refund within two hours, don't call us we'll call you. Oh gosh golly, what a shame. Man, they are terrified of nursing mothers. You'd think I'd told them I had the plague. Thanks to Kaykota for sharing your experience on this frontier!)

Cooper, I hope you have better luck than me with WW. Sharon, good luck to you too and keep up the good work! Anna and twinmom, thank you so much for your encouragement. And to my now TWO secret weight loss buddies, please feel free to show me up and do so much better with WW than I did. Did I miss anyone? I'm grateful to all of you...