<$BlogItemControl$>

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Media slut conquers the Interweb

We've discussed at some length the fact that I am just the tiniest bit of an attention junkie. And a media whore.

I've had a handful of letters to the editor published, most notably my recent whinge on changes to Ottawa bus service and a few years ago when some wingnut said the embryos lost from IVF were tatamount to abortion. And I've dragged poor Beloved with me onto the CBC national news to talk about infertility and IVF not once but twice back in 2001 and 2002.

Having conquered print media and television, I am pleased to announce that I can now add the Interweb to the list of media outlets credulous enough to give me a forum. And I'm not just talking blog, either. This is a real cititation in on a respectable Web site!

Back in April, our favourite resident parenting author Ann sent out a call asking for input from people who had experienced pregnancy after infertility for an article commissioned by WebMD. She took my random blatherings and made them sound like considered insight from a reasonable and well-adjusted person. Ann, maybe you should try your hand at fiction writing?

Give it a click and admire my pithy comments and Ann's handiwork! Emotional roulette: Pregnancy after infertility.

You know that old Hollywood axiom, "Say whatever you want about me, just make sure you spell my name right"? Well, now I understand that. Close but not quite on the surname. Oh well, I'll take my 15 seconds where I can get it.

So we've covered print media, TV and the Web. Time to turn my sights on glossy magazines and books. And since I've signed up for Ann's parenting panel on her latest sleep book, looks like I only need to ingratiate myself with a periodical editor. Don't think I haven't given up on the idea of being a centrefold for Blogebrity Magazine, staples and all!

Categories: