<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Reader mail

I've got mail!

I haven't received a lot of mail from blog readers. Most people use the comments to get in touch or get their point across. And I don't check my blog mail daily, partly because I can't access it from work and partly because canada.com is just a cumbersome pain in the arse to use.

So you can imagine my delight when I checked my mail the other night and I had TWO e-mails from people who had found blog by looking something up on Google. (Can you see why I'm happy? It's the intersection of all my favourite bloggy things: feedback, Google and the referral logs!)

One was a request from a family who had also been to see A Day Out With Thomas. They, too, had shelled over the big bucks for a professional (read: teen with a digicam) picture of Thomas with their kids, but had lost the contact info for ordering additional prints. I was happy to be able to provide the information to them.

But the second one was the one that really made me laugh:


Hi there!

I was searching for Krispy Kreme donut shop in the ottawa area and I came across your blog when searching for the words 'petro canada', krispy kreme' and 'ottawa' on google.

I was wondering if you could let me know the locations of the petro canada's with the Krispy Kreme donut shops in them - I've called petro canada's information line to no avail and was so glad when I found someone else in canada who know where they are!

I'm getting married in September, and for my groom's cake, I want to make a giant tower of Krispy Kremes with a little flag on top. ^_^ and until now, I thought I might have to make a treck out to Quebec in order to get the tasty treats...

Thanks in advance! Great Blog by the way - much more entertaining than most!

Cheers,
-J


A groom's cake of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Isn't that fabulous? In the ensuing correpsondence, she mentioned she was originally planning on making a castle out of Rice Krispie square bricks, but thought the doughnuts would be easier for guests to take home. It's almost enough to make me want to get married all over again!

This is my Internet legacy. I'm not leaving a time capsule of life in the early 21st century, or creating an online baby book for my boys. I am a community service rep for Krispy Kreme and the Island of Sodor.

And, just a "wow - small world!" aside while we're still (sort of) on the subject of Tristan's day out with Thomas and feedback from blog. One of the comments on that thread is from the director of the St Thomas Railway museum, saying he was pleased that we had such a good time. Turns out he used to be a student of my dad's, back when my dad was teaching drums for a living about 30 years ago. (My surname, Donders, is pretty uncommon.) He used to come to our house for lessons, and mentioned streets we lived on when I was six or seven years old. Cool, eh?

Categories: