<$BlogItemControl$>

Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

My least favourite holiday

Ugh. Maybe it's because it comes after Christmas and everything after Christmas but before spring is a bit of a cold, grey bore, but I've always hated New Year's Eve. No New Year's Eve has ever lived up to the hype for me.

Midnight countdown? Bah, I'd rather sleep.
End of year reviews? Been there, done that.
New Year's resolutions? Why bother?

And no, I'm not just bitter because my in-laws are visiting. But they are. They're not so bad, actually. Don't tell anyone, but I actually kind of like them. So long as they don't expect me to stay up until midnight on Saturday or watch any lame "Best of 2005" shows on TV.

So I won't be making any New Year's resolutions this year. But I suppose I can stop kvetching long enough to wish you a Happy New Year - as long as I can do it while the sun still shines.