<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

It's a great day to be an attention-whore

Wow, this must be my lucky day!!

As if the whole TV thing weren't enough to feed my ego for a month or so, Sarah Gilbert picked today of all days to run my answers to her questions about defining feminism on Blogging Baby. I had, quite frankly, almost forgotten about this. Way back at the end of November, Sarah wrote a piece in response to Linda Hirshman's ridiculous article opining that college-educated women who choose to stay home are somehow destroying feminism. She asked for women to share their thoughts and stories, and I had a few thoughts on the subject.

Thanks, Sarah, not only for the podium, but for sharing my rant. And thank you especially for rebutting Hirshman's argument in the first place, and opening this conversation. It's definitely a topic worth examining.