<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

 

And speaking of mediated childhoods...

... I just saw this incredible news over at Half Changed World. Starting tomorrow, you can pre-order on Amazon.com one of my all-time fave childhood television shows: The Electric Company!! I used to watch this every. single. day. when I was a kid, and I've often wondered what became of it. It was like Sesame Street, which I also loved, but with an edge.

This is something we simply *must* acquire, and it will be a nice addition to our Schoolhouse Rocks collection on VHS. Now I just need to get some of the old Sid and Marty Krofft episodes (Land of the Lost was my favourite, but I liked HR Pufnstuf too), and pick up some of the original Muppet Show series, and my kids will never have to watch commercial TV again!

(Is it me, or is it suddenly 1976 in here?)