<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Birthday week continues

It seems the theme on blog this week is birthdays. First Simon's birth story, then a recap of his party, and now today, (**blows kazoo**) it's blog's first birthday!

It's been an amazing year for blog, and for me. When I started writing, I had no idea where it would lead, but I never dreamed it would be as much fun as this. I had hoped to reach an audience of 10 or 20 people a day, and instead I'm reaching between 150 and 200. How cool is that? Just yesterday, we tripped over 30,000 hits on Sitemeter. Wow!

I was going to make a list of all the incredible people I've had the pleasure of meeting (and "meeting") over the past year, but the list is just too long. And I can count more than a dozen "in real life" friends who have started their own blogs since then, including one entire extended family. I'm not taking any credit for that, but it just goes to show you how quickly and thoroughly the virus that is blogging has innundated one little corner of the universe.

In honour of blog's birthday, I think I'll host a comment tea party tomorrow. When Nancy held one a couple of weeks ago, it was a blast, and either she tagged me or I tagged myself to host the next one. I'll open the doors around 8 am, and you can wander by and say hello any old time. I think I'll limit mine to 12 hours, so make sure you come by before we call in the wrecking crew at 8 pm to clean the place up. I've vaguely heard that there are rules to this sort of thing, but I'm trying my best to ignore them. I'll provide the snacks and the firefighter strippers (in all three genders, bien sûr), you bring whatever else you might want. Think we can clear 120 comments in 12 hours?

And finally, in the theme of comment whoring, here's an idea that I'm blatantly ripping off from Suzanne. It's "customize your blog experience" day! After a year of yammering, I'm starting to run out of ideas. So help me along - ask me a question. Anything you're dying to know about parenting two preschool boys? Want a debrief on living in a constitutional monarchy? Itching to see a list of my favourite Timmy's doughnut flavours? Go ahead, ask me a question or propose a topic, and I'll write a post about it in upcoming days - or, depending on volume and laziness quotients, weeks.