<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Holy crap, I did it!

Last week, I was telling you that I had to take my second-language exam. In the obscure way of rating second-language ability for government employees, there is a five-point rating scale:

x = statistically insignificant
A = basic comprehension
B = intermediate ability
C = fluent
E = exempt from future testing

They measure your ability in three categories - reading, writing and speaking. You have to be tested every five years, unless you get that glorious exemption score. It's been six years since I've been tested, and any future promotions hinge on me getting at least at least a B level across the board. In 2000, I scored a C in reading and a B in writing and speaking.

I got my results from my reading and writing tests. I scored a C in both!! Woo hoo! In fact, I only missed getting my exemption in reading by one point.

So now I go for my oral exam on March 2, and I need to get my B level -and the oral exam is always the hardest part. But I'll take my CC and run with it! (huge, happy exhalation of breath)