<$BlogItemControl$>

Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Another Friday, another ramble

In honour of Nancy, who seems to so enjoy them, we're off on a Friday ramble.



***

I imagine it has something to do with the stress that has been radiating off of me this week, but the boys have been particularly pesky this week. A lot more whining, a lot more bickering, a lot more random mischief.

I'm getting ready for work this morning, and Simon is wandering around looking for trouble. I step out of the closet and catch sight of him just as he is about to dunk my little green watering can, stashed in the bathroom to tend to the last surviving plants in the house, into the toilet.

Gotta give him credit for ingenuity, if not hygiene.



***

Have you see the ubiquituous Advertising Slogan Generator? It's good for at least five minutes of entertainment on a Friday. My favourite returns were:

"Poppin' Fresh Postcards from the Mothership" and

"Choosy Mothers Choose Postcards from the Mothership"


***

Got my language test results back. Not great. I need to get a B level, but I only got an A. I know I'm capable of the B, but I got rather flustered during the interview. Bleah.


***

Ever wonder what the number one Billboard song was on the day you were born? What, you haven't wondered?? Whyever not? Okay, maybe the nostalgia engine will be stoked if you look up the number one song on the day you graduated from high school, or lost your virginity, or the day you got married (or divorced!)

Gotta admit, I was a little disappointed with this one. The number one song on August 1 1968 was "Hello, I Love You" by The Doors - cool in a 60s kind of funky way; the number one song on August 1 1970 was "(They Long to Be) Close to You" by The Carpenters - pure fromage. But the number one song on the day I was born, August 1 1969, was "In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)" by Zager & Evans. What now by the who now? Sheesh.



***

And finally this little beauty via Adventures in Parenting. I love Flickr. I love soduko. What's not to love about making your very own soduko with Flickr???

(Grrrr! There was supposed to be a very nice picture RIGHT HERE of my very own Flickr Soduko puzzle, featuring Tristan and Simon. But Blogger is being its usual obstinate self and will not let me post it. So, you’ll just have to click through and take a look for yourself.)

***

Whoops! A late-breaking addition: With all the Blogger trouble I was having this morning, I forgot to include this link to the official blog of the writers for Grey's Anatomy, my new TV obsession. Thanks to JoJo, who really should have a blog, for pointing it out to me.

Found any fun stuff on the Interweb lately that you'd like to share with the class?