<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Brought to you by the letter H

It's been raining for 10 straight days. It was cold enough to snow this morning and the winds haven't stopped gusting all night. Safe to say the holiday weekend weather is a bust.

BUT!

At least I have a meme to play with this morning, courtesy of Froggie Mom. Here's how it works: if you wanna play too, let me know in the comments and I'll assign you a letter. Then you write about 10 words that start with that letter that are important to you and explain why.

Okay, here we go.

Happy: this is what I want to be. Above all else in life, my only real goal is to be happy, and for my kids to be happy, and for those I care about to be happy. I like to think of myself as a happy person. And when I was five, I had a dog named happy. Happy is a good word.

Hip: I will never be able to stand fully upright again after toting my 30+ lbs preschoolers around with my hip canted to brace them. I may not have the figure of a runway model, but these hips were built for carrying children.

Holiday: ostensibly a break from work, but after three straight days of being trapped in the house by rain and freezing temperatures, the holiday seems like a day at the office right about now.

Hair: My one ongoing vanity. From the added thickness and lustre of pregnancy hormones to learning to tolerate if not love spit-up and cereal-crusties in my hair to the tender affection of rambunctuous preschoolers pausing to run their fingers through my hair... I just don't get why so many new mothers cut their hair off.

Highlander: one of my favourite movies. There should have been only one!

Hiccup: one of the best parts of pregnancy, feeling the baby's hiccups.

Harmony: because it's a beautiful word, and because I've always wished I could carry a tune, and because music is so important in my life, and because the secondary meaning of peace isn't a bad aspiration either.

Ha ha ha, hee hee: everybody needs a coping mechanism. Laughter is mine. It could be worse!

Halcyon: I just like this word. I like to say it out loud, and I love the image it evokes in my head - sunshine, easy times, blissful memories.

Haloscan: my blog enabler. A day without comments is worse than a day without sunshine.

Hedonism: because in the end, it's all about me.