<$BlogItemControl$>

Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Candy Swap!

The endlessly clever Andrea is hosting a candy swap on her blog. It's not too late to sign up - you can join until next Saturday, June 10. To quote Andrea, "If you like candy and getting mail, this is the swap for you!"

To play along, you'll also have to complete your own version of the official 2006 Candyswap Questionnaire, thusly:

1) When I was a kid, Halloween was all about:
a) collecting as much candy as I could
(my glutton-esque tendencies started early.)
b) collecting candy to eat as I go
c) sharing with my siblings
d) Who cares about candy? I was too busy egging my teacher's car.
e) Halloween was forbidden in my house and I've never gotten over it.

2) What is more important to you: quality, or quantity?
Hmmm, I think I'm going to go with quantity for this one, not so much because of the gluttony thing above but because I love penny candies and I don't have much of an appreciation for "fine" candies.

3) If you were on a desert island (haha, I wrote "dessert island" but that would be a totally different question now wouldn't it?) and could only have one sweet treat, which would it be?
Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers, the ones with the sugary centre, not the gummy ones. And I'd pop each one in my mouth and swear that I was under no circumstances absolutely NOT going to bite through it, but then I'd start playing with it in my mouth, kind of nicking it with my teeth and testing it, and then I'd experience a moment of weakness and chomp down on it, filling my mouth simultaneously with shattered, slobbery shards of fruity, gobstoppery love and shame at not being able to control myself. Again.

4) You arrive at "Dessert Island" – where you discover a river of pudding flowing freely through a swamp of Cool Whip. No one is watching. What do you do?
Wait until someone is watching and THEN strip off and dive in, swimming judiciously to avoid the cool whip (yuck - not a fan of whipped cream or the fake stuff.)

5) Sweet, sour, or savoury?
Oh, the agony of choices! Um, sour. No, savoury. No, sweet! No, no - definitely sour.

6) Sex or chocolate?
Ya know, I'm not really a huge fan of chocolate. I mean it's good and all, but I'm not sure I'd choose it over sex. Now if we're talking those marshmallow strawberry thingees or sex, that's a tough call.

7) What kind of candy, if any, would you turn down if someone offered?
Chocolates with goopy centres like butter cream or orange liqueur. Blech!

8) You're at the grocery store, you're children/husband/pets have been The.Worst.Ever. They're throwing cans at each other, tripping little old ladies, taking bites out of the produce and putting them back in the bins, and piercing the milk bags with diaper pins. You feel yourself getting woozy. That vein in your forehead is throbbing. You need an immediate sugar kick before you do something crazy. What do you reach for?
A roll of duct tape, or perhaps something really heavy to turf at the children/husband/pets. Oh wait, you mean what kind of *candy* would I reach for? A Twix bar. Mmm, melty caramel salvation.

9) What are your feelings regarding Thrills gum, ribbon candy, scotch mints, and other "grandma candies"?
Scotch mints were the only thing that kept my nausea at bay when I was pregnant with Simon. I must have eaten 40 lbs of scotch mints - I had little baggies of them stashed everywhere. And of course, now I can't stand the sight of them. In general, I'd give the thumbs-down to Grandma candies, except my Granny always had tins of Kerr's hard candies and Kerr lollipops lying about for us, and they were delicious. So that would be no to your Grandma's candies, but yes to my Granny's candies.

10) How adventurous are you? Do spicy dried mealworms or candy-coated crickets give you the willies, or are you willing to try anything once?
Not so much.

11) Do you have dentures or other dental issues? Do you have a good dental plan?
My dentist recently told me that it was only the fillings holding my teeth in my head. I am a dental issue. And as for the dental plan - what, you think I do this job for the mental stimulation and the satisfaction of a job well done? It's all about the benefit package, baby. Bring it on!