<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Filched from Angry Pregnant Lawyer and Phantom Scribbler:

Buttercup

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti


Isn't The Princess Bride just one of the best movies ever? Certainly, it's one of the most quote-worthy ones. I was in high school when it came out in theatres, and we were so blown away we went back to see it the next night, too. I've seen it dozens of times since then - when we learned in our prenatal classes that the labour and delivery rooms at our hospital had VCRs, this is the movie we chose to bring with us. Sadly, we couldn't get the VCR to work. Too bad, too, because with a 27 hour labour, during which I didn't sleep at all, there were a few lulls that I would have loved to pass with this wonderful movie!

Coincidence? Yesterday, they released two new DVD sets of The Princess Bride - the Buttercup Edition, and the Dread Pirate Roberts Edition. From what I can tell, they're the same set with different covers. Given my score above, I guess it will have to be the Buttercup Edition I add to my wish list, because this is one movie that I must own on DVD.

There are only a few movies I'd buy in DVD format to duplicate my VHS copy - Star Wars, Bull Durham, and this one are the only ones so far, and I'll invest to upgrade the Indiana Jones series some day.

What movie favourites will you continue to modernize as technology progresses?