<$BlogItemControl$>

Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Announcing....

Back in the day, when we were trying to conceive for the first time, I spent an inordinate amount of time dreaming up ways to announce my pregnancy. First, I was going to tell everyone in the thank you cards I sent out for our wedding gifts, then I was going to tell everyone at Thanksgiving, then I dreamt of announcing it in our Christmas cards that year. I imagined telling Beloved for his birthday in December, pictured announcing it on Christmas Eve, and even thought that the news might make a lovely birthday gift for my mother in February.

Needless to say, I was foiled every time. Those were the dark days of infertility.

And then with Tristan, because everybody knew we were going through the in vitro treatment, although there was a lot of joy involved in announcing his conception and my pregnancy, we had lost the element of surprise.

That's why announcing my pregnancy with Simon was such fun. It was as much a shock to us as it was to the rest of the world, and I had fun playing with the element of surprise.

With frostie last month, it was fun to once again be dreaming up all kinds of ways to announce to you all that I was pregnant ... right up until I took the test that turned out to be negative (and my period arrived like - well, like a period at the end of that sentence).

All this to say, I've spent more time than the average girl thinking about innovative ways to announce a pregnancy. And yet, when I really need some inspiration, my mind is completely blank. My muse has left the building.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?



How about that? I'm pregnant!