<$BlogItemControl$>

Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

My new favourite online shop

Every now and then, you stumble across a company that you want to tell all your friends about.


ZigZag Boutique is a lovely little online consignment shop, run by moms, based right here in Barrhaven. They carry baby and kids' clothes, women's clothes, used baby equipment, and some new products crafted by moms. I stumbled across it completely by chance, and I started flipping through some of their maternity items. A lovely navy blouse-and-tank set caught my eye, and for $11.99 the price was right. I placed my order online, and because I didn't have my wallet with me, I chose the option for a telephone confirmation of my order.

Since one of the proprietors, Laura, lives literally right around the corner from me, she sent me an e-mail last night offering to personally drop it off at my house, and she let me pay in cash on the spot as well. She won me over as a fan for life when she tapped gently a few times on the door when she arrived in mid-afternoon (and prime nap time) rather than ringing the doorbell.

The blouse combo was in store-bought condition, far better quality than you see in many consignment shops. You'll be impressed with their online presentation, too - take a look and tell me what you think. From the colourful tissue and gift-quality paper bag tied with raffia to the chocolate coins stapled to the invoice, it's obvious these women care deeply about their company and the products they are selling. Really, I've never seen a more lovely package from any retailer, online or otherwise.

I am so impressed with the incredible service, the wonderful concept, and the charming manner of the proprietor that I can't wait to spend more money at ZigZag. And when I'm done with my maternity stuff - because three kids is more than enough, thanks! - I'll be looking into selling some of my better-quality stuff with them, too.

Honest, I'm not getting any benefit to rave effusively about ZigZag Boutique, nor have they asked me to promote them. But when you stumble across a little gem like this, it's only right you should tell your friends!

Labels: