<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Pregnant thoughts

I don't know about you, but I got really, really tired of seeing that picture of a pregnant Brittney Spears wearing a T-shirt that says, "I've got the golden ticket" with an arrow pointing to her belly. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter because I couldn't pull that t-shirt over my leg on my skinniest day.

It got me thinking, though. If I were a maternity-wear designer, here's what I would print on my fabulous, brightly-coloured and roomy-without-being-tentlike pregnancy t-shirts:


You'd be cranky too, if you spent all day and night
building ears and eyes and elbows.

If pregnancy were a book
they would cut the last two chapters.
(Nora Ephron)
Life is tough enough without having someone
kick you from the inside.
(Rita Rudner)
By far the most common craving of pregnant women
is not to be pregnant.
(Phyllis Diller)
Hey, are you going to eat that?

You can play along, too. Or, how about this one? Not too long ago Marla, the Oracle of the Arcane Corners of the Interweb, sent me this link to the collective names of just about every animal on the planet. Did you know, for example, that a group of magpies is called a tiding? Or that a group of geese in flight is called a skein? And I've always loved the idea of an 'unkindness' of ravens.
It begs the question: what do you call a group of bloggers?

Labels: ,