<$BlogItemControl$>

Friday, January 12, 2007

 

Food, glorious food!

As I mentioned earlier this week, I seem to have overcome my inability to plan meals.

Since I’m so grateful to you for all your mealtime suggestions, and since I frankly can’t think of anything else to blog about today, I thought I’d share with you my week of dinners. Many of you said you were stuck in a dinnertime rut, too. Maybe this will inspire you – or, more likely, you’ll realize that you like your rut just fine, thanks.

Sunday
Meatloaf, recipe stolen from here (Yummy!)
Sweet potato French fries
Baked beans cooked in the slow cooker
Mixed green salad with mandarin oranges, slivered almonds and Toasted Sesame dressing

Monday
Quesadillas made with low-fat refried beans, cheddar, and diced onions, tomatoes and red peppers, topped with salsa and home-made guacamole

(Does anybody have a good salsa recipe? I’ve always wanted to try making salsa.)

Tuesday
Pasta with stir-fried chunks of red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and snow peas, tossed with pesto sauce. (I usually make rotini with this, but thought I’d try farfalle this time. Blah. I’ll go back to the rotini for next time.)

Wednesday
I worked late, so Beloved was in charge of dinner. Pizza and wings from the place at the corner. Oh well.

Thursday
Lasagne (from a box)
Mixed green salad with feta, dried cranberries, walnut chunks and home-made dressing
(The boys ate Scooby-Doo pasta from a can.)

Friday
Home-made bean soup (frozen leftovers from last weekend)
Fresh bread
Cheddar cheese slices

Saturday
Chili (one of my specialties - lots of beans and tomatoes, and very spicy)
Toast
Devilled eggs

Repeat for the next 51 weeks and I’ll only have to think of new dinner ideas once a year.

(Stay tuned next week, when I blog the contents of the bottom of my purse. Citizen journalism doesn't get any more scintillating than this, folks!)

Labels: