<$BlogItemControl$>

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Another mothership??

Just a little post today, because I am being steamrolled by the beginnings of what I think will be a nasty chest cold, augmented by a headache that makes my whole body hurt.

I wanted to ask your opinion of something, though. Lurker Julianne (*waves*) sent me a note saying that she noticed a blog launched last month with the rather familiar title of Postcards From The Mothership.

Hmmmm.

It's on a blogspot address, and has an unrelated URL. To be honest, I'm not terribly threatened, but I have to admit feeling a little territorial. I don't imagine there is anything I could, or even want, to do about it. I suppose since I came up with the title, it's conceivable that someone else could come up with it as well, but I can't help but feel like someone filched my idea. (It's certainly not as bad as bitacle.org or any of those splogs, at least.)

What do you think? Would it irritate you to find another blog with your title, or am I just cranky because I'm not feeling well? And how much can anyone 'own' anything on the blogosphere? You can own your domain, and slap a creative commons license on your content, but does that cover something like a blog title? Interesting questions....

Labels: