<$BlogItemControl$>

Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Send laundry soap!

I mentioned yesterday I stayed home because I was under seige by a nasty virus. Just so happens that Wednesdays are the days that the whole crew is also home. Frankly, I think it would have been more restful to go to work!

Late in the afternoon, I was making dinner and the boys were playing upstairs when I heard Simon crying the distinctive 'ouch' cry, but what really set me running up the stairs was the tone of panic in Tristan's voice when he called for me. Tristan had bonked Simon in the nose with a book, and there was blood *everywhere*, streaming from Simon's nose.

It took a couple of minutes to get it under control (thank god I don't have issues with blood) but Simon was relatively calm and we got him cleaned up. Load of laundry number one = Simon's yellow comforter, two towels, a facecloth, Simon's shirt and socks, and my shirt.

A few hours later, I had just settled into bed myself when I heard the distinctive sound of retching from the boys' room. Tristan had been sick in his bed, setting in motion load of laundry number two, comprising sheets, blankets, the waterproof bed cover and a couple of stuffies.

He was sick again at 11 pm, 1 am, and 4 am. Sadly, he was neither coordinated nor awake enough to use the bucket we'd provided for him. We have four sets of sheets for two beds, and by luck more than design, the load from the first round of barfing was washed and dried in time for the 4 am sheet changing.

He's bright-eyed and energetic this morning, but the laundry machines and the laundress are exhausted. My cold, Simon's blood, Tristan's barf - that's three, right? Right?!?

Labels: