<$BlogItemControl$>

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

Knock knock

Tristan told his first joke the other day.

"How do you stop a cat from meowing in the back seat?"

"You throw him in the front seat."

I laughed, partly because lame though it was, I'd never heard it before, but mostly because I was delighted that Tristan joins a long line of ancestry in love with bad jokes.

Of course, that was immediately followed by a thousand nonsensical and increasingly unfunny versions from both boys, including "How do you get a pepperoni to stop pizzaing in the back seat?" "You put it in the front seat." If nothing else, they got the format down pat.

Previously, knock-knock jokes reigned supreme. My repitoire for knock-knock jokes is unparalleled.

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Isabelle.
Isabelle who?
Isabelle broken? I had to knock.


Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Police.
Police who?
Po-lice open the door, it's freezing out here.


Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Dwayne.
Dwayne who?
Dwayne the bathtub, I'm dwowning!

The boys are good at memorizing them, but also favour the non-seqitor over an actual pun. For instance:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
C3p0.
C3p0 who?
C3P0 ate spaghetti for dinner!

I think we need some new material. Care to dip into your repretoire and share your fave kid jokes?

Labels: