<$BlogItemControl$>

Friday, August 10, 2007

 

My Internet Legacy

I never get tired of playing in the referral logs, speculating on the search terms that bring people here. I see some search terms over and over again (gift ideas for two year olds is a perennial favourite, as is cavities in a three year old, and I'm mystified by the sheer number of people - sometimes 10 a day - looking for a variation on lactating or lactation blog.)

Some are a little more obscure. I'm sure I was no help to the guy who wondered "how do i know my piranha is pregnant." Maybe we should get them together with the guy who asked "why is my sperm bigger." Bigger than what, I couldn't help but wonder. And, erm, how exactly did you know?

I'll have to try a little harder to boost myself up the page on the search return for "canadian child care sucks", but with the new nanny starting next week, my fingers are crossed for a good outcome at last.

My mother is endlessly tickled about my noteriety as the number one search return for "ottawa slut" but i'm just as happy to be first on a search for "Ottawa + Mommy Blogger."

Myself, I'm absurdly pleased to be the number one google return for "strange internet places." No doubt, the Web is full of strangeness, but I had little idea that this little blog was the strangest.

And now, since I'm obviously in danger of taking myself a bit too seriously today, is some more strangeness for you, courtesy of the Goddess of the Quirky Meme, Angry Pregnant Lawyer:

YOU ARE PAPER!

You Are Paper

Crafty and creative, you are able to adapt freely to almost any situation.
People tend to underestimate you, unless they've truly seen what you are capable of.
Deep down, you're always scheming and thinking up new plans. Your mind is constantly active.

You are quite capable of anything you dream of. You can always figure out a way to get what you want.

You can wrap a rock person up in your sheet of trickery.

A scissor person can sneak up and cut you to pieces.

When you fight: No one can anticipate your next move

If someone makes you mad: You'll attack them mercilessly when they're unprepared.

Labels: ,